These are the rules:
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
I’m starting off with Demmi’s questions.
- Which fictional world would you like to visit? I’d love to get to see the Nevernever. Julie Kagawa created a magical world with not-so-nice fairies in her Iron Fey series and I just have to witness the world. Even though I’d probably get eaten or would end up upsetting someone and getting killed. Hopefully I’d meet Puck before that happens and manage to win him as a friend.
- What’s your favorite book to movie adaptation? I’ll have to skip this question, because I haven’t read enough books that were turned into movies or haven’t read the books of the movie adaptations I’ve seen (feel free to judge me). I’ll get to them at some point, though!
- Are you a coffee or a tea person? Tea is always five steps ahead.
- Do you prefer ebooks or physical books? Physical books, because I like to have a real book in my hands and see the progress I’ve made. I also like to flip through the pages mid-chapter to see how many pages are left in said chapter (not because I want it to end, but to know how much there’s left of it). Does anyone else do this?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? If this is meant in general, I’ll go with chocolate, because that one never lets me down. As for my favorite brand and flavor, it’s Ben & Jerrys’ Cookie Dough. Half Baked comes right after, because two amazing flavors in one can’t disappoint. Am I right?
- What’s your favorite type of music? Punk and Rock, or either one mixed with Pop. I also enjoy Emo. My Chemical Romance, anyone?
- Do you have any other hobbies apart from reading? Yes! Writing songs for example.
- Name three authors you’d really like to meet. Only three? Okay, here we go: Julie Kagawa, Tahereh Mafi and Susan Ee.
- If you could have a magical power, what power would that be? Flying, because plane tickets are incredibly expensive and I’d save a lot of carbon dioxide. Or create and control fire, because that way I’d never be cold anywhere and would be able to quench a fire.
- If you could read only three books for the rest of your life, which books would you choose? This is cruel. Oh god, how am I supposed to choose? Does my Kindle count as one book? No? Well, there’s no way this is going to end good then. Here are my picks: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor and the Angelfall trilogy by Susan Ee glued together to one book. That is not cheating, not at all.
- Do you prefer fantasy or science fiction? Fantasy. I’m just now getting into the science fiction genre and it’s great, but so far it can’t beat Fantasy.
On to Beth’s questions!
- What book would you recommend to everyone, because it’s so amazing? I’ve mentioned this one too often already, but I can’t help it: Angelfall by Susan Ee. It’s the one book I think of first when recommending books to someone or everyone.
- If you could pick one book to read again as if for the first time what would it be? The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. I loved reading it and it’s perfect for when you want something light with a great, sarcastic main character.
- Favourite comfort food? Ice cream. It’s a horrible choice for your health, but it’s supposed to be comforting, right?
- Favourite quote? I don’t have a favourite book quote. But my favourite quote overall is “Be stubborn about your goals, but flexible about your methods.” It reminds me that reaching your goal isn’t impossible, because you haven’t reached it yet and/or only ever hit a wall. There’s still other ways and methods to get where you want to be in life. It is still possible.
- Best and worst book-to-film adaptation you’ve seen? Again, I’m skipping this one, because I haven’t read and watched enough of them to give an accurate answer.
- What’s your favourite book so far that you’ve read in 2016? Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Right now, I actually haven’t read that many full-length novels this year
and I feel awful for that.I’m currently in the middle of the audiobook to Rogue by Julie Kagawa and almost finished with Onxy by J.L. Armentrout. Both of these have the potential to become number one and kick Obsidian off the throne.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? This one’s hard, because I haven’t seen enough of the world to decide where I’d want to live yet. But I know for sure it’s going to be somewhere in the south, where I don’t need to worry about the cold much.
- What is your favourite thing to do with your spare time, other than reading? Music, spending time with friends and family and traveling.
- If you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would it be? Nothing. Everything I’ve done and the choices I’ve made have added up to the life I have now. I don’t even want to know which people I’d be erasing, without wanting to, or what my life would look like in general.
- Has blogging been different to, or exactly as you pictured it being? Since I’ve been an on-off blogger for years now, I knew what to expect, but being on WordPress is simply so much better than all the other platforms that I’ve used. This one is the most interactive out of all the blogs I’ve had and that makes me incredibly happy. The support on here is overwhelming. Thank you all for reading, following, liking and especially for commenting. Talking to you all is amazing and it’s also the reason this blog is so much fun.
- What has been the most positive thing that’s happened to you this week? I’m really bad at answering such questions. And this week nothing happened that stood out to everything else anyway.
- If you had to choose, would you rather give up your favourite movie or your favourite book? (You still can watch other movies/read other books)
- What is your ultimate vacation? Activities/country/accomodation.
- How did your reading habits change over time?
- Do you like to listen to music while reading?
- Are there any books that your whole family loves?
- You have the opportunity to tell an author to write one more book in your favourite series and they have to do it. Which series do you choose?
- What’s your favourite tv show?
- Which book got you into your favourite genre?
- A book that you don’t plan on reading, but everyone has read?
- Any authors in your family?
- You get the chance to change into any profession you want. What would you like to work as?