Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. It spotlights highly anticipated, upcoming releases.
Strange the Dreamer is expected to be released on September 27th 2016!
A breathtaking new novel by National Book Award finalist and New York Times bestselling author Laini Taylor
Strange the Dreamer is the story of:
the aftermath of a war between gods and men.
a mysterious city stripped of its name.
a mythic hero with blood on his hands.
a young librarian with a singular dream.
a girl every bit as dangerous as she is in danger.
alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage.
Welcome to Weep.
If you’ve read my Auto-Buy Authors and Musicians/Bands post, then you already know that Laini Taylor is only one more amazing book away from making it on that list. If you haven’t read that post yet, click here (link will open in a new tab). The blurb for Strange the Dreamer sounds very much like a story I’ll love and I’m sure it will be able to meet my expectations. A war between gods and men? Mysterious city, mythic hero, young librarian, badass female, monsters and more? Hell yeah, sign me up!
Leave me a link to your WoW in the comments, I’d love to check out what you’re waiting on this week. Are you going to read Strange the Dreamer too?
Everyone has authors, musicians, bands etc. that they will buy anything from, sometimes (or always?) without looking at anything but the name of the writer/artist. We don’t wait for reviews of people and bloggers whose opinions we trust or stick to our buying bans. These books and songs have to be bought right away, they’re of very high priority. And no, this isn’t exaggeration.
So today I’m sharing with you the authors, musicians and bands that are on my “Buy-right-away” list. Okay, the list might not have an actual title, but you get the idea. Each category will be split in two; those who already have a secure spot on my memorized list and those who are very likely to get a spot soon, because they haven’t released enough yet or I need to catch up on some of their other works first to determine if they ‘deserve’ a spot.
Let’s start off with authors! These are the authors who acquired a secure spot already:
- Julie Kagawa – All of the Kagawa books I’ve read so far got at least 4 stars, I don’t think her books will ever disappoint me.
- Susan Ee – The Penryn and the End of Days trilogy is one, or even the first, of my favourites ever. I really need to reread these sometime soon.
- Tahereh Mafi – The Shatter Me trilogy was perfect. I need Furthermore now!
And those who are very likely to get onto the list:
- Laini Taylor – The DoSaB trilogy is fabulous, but I’m not entirely convinced yet.
- Jeaniene Frost – I’ve read (and loved) almost all of the books in the Night Huntress Universe, but there’s something that tells me I need to make sure I’ll enjoy the other worlds she creates before buying everything without second thought first.
- Bronwyn Parry – So far I’ve only read one of her novels (plus a short story) – which I won in a goodreads giveaway – and gave it 4 stars. That was three years ago and I still think of it today, that’s saying something. And I had a short chat via goodreads with her as well, she’s such a lovely woman! Definitely check her books out.
- Kasie West – Again an author that I’ve only read one book of so far. Still, I loved it and am very sure she’ll get on the list of auto-buy authors with the next book of hers that I’ll read.
- Katie McGarry – This might sound ridiculous considering I’ve only read a short story from her, but my stomach tells me I’ll love all her other books. I’ll decide once I’ve read one or two of her full length novels.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout – I’m currently reading the Lux series, so far I’ve finished the first two books and they’re amazing! If her other books convice me like this series does, she’ll get a spot on the list as well.
Note: I’m aware of only having listed female authors above. This isn’t meant to discriminate male authors. I simply haven’t read many books from male authors yet and those that I did read, I didn’t enjoy enough to mention on this list. Once I’ve read more from male authors, I’m sure they will be represented on this list.
Moving on to the bands that have a secure spot on my auto-buy list:
- Rise Against – They got me into this genre in the first place and they will forever be one of my favourites. Maybe even my all time favourite.
- A Day To Remember – I started listening to ADTR right after Rise Against. I discovered both of them because of my best friend, which is awesome.
- Marianas Trench – I love almost every single song from them, therefore they have to be on this list.
- Paramore – Believe it or not, but I only started listening to Paramore a few months ago. The day before Jeremy left the band, to be exact.
- You Me At Six – First YMAS album I listened to was Sinners Never Sleep and that one’s also my favourite from them. Fun fact: Josh read and liked two of my tweets. I might have held my breath for a few seconds because of that.
- Fall Out Boy – Save Rock And Roll is my fave album of theirs. Love it.
- Hedley – Some of their songs are ridiculously funny, I’ll definitely look forward to all their music.
- Deaf Havana – Old Souls was perfect and a good bunch of songs off Meet Me Halfway, At Least also made it into my favourite songs. I’m so excited for their next album!
Continue reading “Auto-Buy Authors and Musicians/Bands”